Atlanta, GA 30309
About this Session:
We’ll take a look at HTML 5 and CSS 3 in an interactive group discussion format. The goal of this event is to discuss what’s new and interesting about HTML 5 and CSS 3, to highlight what can be used now, and show you some of the best strategies to get the most from the next generation of markup and style.
Here is an outline of what we intend to cover. This is a lot of content to cover in a short period of time. If you RSVP, please feel free to comment and let us know what you’re most interested in.
- New DTD
- Code standards are a bit different than XHTML
- New tags: aside, article, header, footer, nav, time
- video and audio, video captioning
- forms: search, default values, validation (required), autofocus, etc…
- Accessibility issues in canvas and video
- native drag and drop
- local storage (at cache?)
- target=”_blank” is valid once again
- solving the IE issue
- Building a blog with HTML5
- Building a contact form with HTML5
- Geolocation API is not in HTML5, but it is damn cool
- rgba (CSS3 color module – Red, Green, Blue, Alpha)
- hue saturation and lightness
- transitions, and transforms
- font embedding – @font-face
- styling valid/invalid form input (:valid, :invalid)
- media queries: resolution, aspect ratio, monochromatic color, device width/height, etc.
- new selectors: :last-child, :nth-child, attribute selectors
- multiple background images
- multi-column layout module
- 3D transforms
- CSS animations module
NOTE: We will provide pizza and drinks at no extra cost to attendees.