1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
3½ cups vegetable stock
4 green onions, chopped
2 fresh chili peppers, seeded and chopped
2 cans (15oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (15oz. each) cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
Red and green chilies for garnish
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 fresh chili peppers, seeded
- Place ½ onion and 1 clove garlic in 5 to 6 quart pan over high heat, cook until brown.
- In same pan, add 2 green onions and 1 chili over high heat. Stir until onions are wilted, about 2 min. and add black beans.
- Blend with hand blender, gradually adding 1¼ cups stock until smoothly pureed.
- In second pot repeat process but add white beans and blend, gradually adding remaining stock until pureed.
- Set both pans on medium-high heat; stir often until steaming.
- From pans or use measuring cups pour soups simultaneously into opposite sides of wide soup bowls so they flow together but do not mix. Repeat for all bowls.
- Garnish with red and green chilies. Serve with chili oil.
- Chop chilies, cilantro and oil in food processor, until minced (do not puree)
- Let mixture stand for 24 hrs. and then strain through cheese cloth or very fine sieve.