1½ cups sugar
½ cup shortening
1½ cups drained and pitted sour cherries
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups sifted flour
4 tbs. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
- Drain cherries and spread on a paper towel to dry.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add sour cream and well beaten eggs.
- Add flour and soda half at a time and beat well.
- Mixture will be thick and heavy.
- Mix in vanilla and nuts by hand.
- Fold in cherries until well combined with cake mixture.
- Bake in loaf or angel food pan at 350° to 400° for 45 min. to 1 hr.