8 slices bread
1 red pepper cut in quarters, seeds removed
1 eggplant, cut into slices
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
4 0z. goat cheese, softened
1 cup of tapenade
- Preheat grill. In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Place the red pepper quarters, and wggplnat slices on a baking sheet.
- Brush the balsamic vinaigrette on all sides of the vegetables.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Place on grill 4-5 min. per side, until browned.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl, blend together the fresh tarragon and goat cheese.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture evenly over 4 slices of bread.
- Spread tapenade on top.
- Top with grilled red pepper and eggplant.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Slice and serve.