1 lb. sliced mushrooms (white or brown), divided
2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, diced (about 2 cups)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup hot salsa, divided
8 corn tortillas
- Heat an oiled skillet, preferably iron, over med. high heat.
- Add half the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, without stirring, for 5 min., until golden brown on the side, about 5 min.
- Remove the mushrooms, and repeat the process with the remaining half. Return the cooked mushrooms to the pan, add the zucchini and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is just tender, about 2 min. Stir in half the salsa.
- Stack the corn tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 sec., or until warm.
- Serve the tortillas, filling and remaining salsa separately and let everyone assemble their own tacos.